If you are in receipt of benefits or on a low income you may be entitled to housing benefit to assist you in meeting your rental commitments. You can apply directly to Glasgow City Council online at www.glasgow.gov.uk or alternatively contact our office on 0141 944 3860 and our staff will be happy to help you either in our office or by visiting you at home.
If you wish to apply for housing benefit you will need to provide some of the following information:
- Your identity and National Insurance number (and partner's)
- Your rent
- Where you live
- Your income (and partner's)
- Savings & Investments (you may still qualify even if you have savings)
- Occupational pension (and partner's)
- The circumstances of other people who live with you
We have Welfare Benefit Advice staff in this office every Wednesday who can carry out a benefit check to see what benefits you are entitled to. Please contact the office for an appointment.
If you are sanctioned from your benefits your housing benefit may be affected. You must contact your Housing Officer as soon as possible if you have been sanctioned.