Questions? Call us on:
0141 944 3860

Welfare Reform3D Man - Welfare Reform Help

From 1 April 2013, the Scottish Government brought in under-occupancy charges relating to housing benefit.  If you have one spare bedroom your housing benefit will be reduced by 14%, if you have 2 or more bedrooms spare your housing benefit will be reduced by 25%. You can apply for discretionary housing payments to assist you with these reductions.  Contact your Housing Officer or get an appointment with one of our Welfare Benefits Advisors to assist you with this.  You can read further about this in our DHP Booklet.

The Scottish Government are also making some big changes regarding the way you will receive your benefits. If you are in receipt of any of the following benefits it is proposed you will receive one monthly payment of Universal Credit:

  • Housing benefit
  • Income based jobseekers allowance
  • Income support
  • Child tax credit 
  • Working tax credit
  • Income related Employment Support Allowance

If you are sanctioned from any of your benefits, please contact the office for advice.


Money Advice Service Bank Accounts

Money Advice Service BP

Money Advice Service UC

Money Advice Service Rent UC